Online Training FAQ
How are online trainings held?
- Training times: 9:00am to 5:15pm (Europe/Berlin local time)
- No more than 10 participants
- Permanent presence of a trainer
- Participation via video conference (all participants need a webcam!)
- Dedicated training environment for each participant in the cloud or as VM images
- Minimum amount of slides, maximum amount of practice
Why online training?
- Participation from anywhere – climate-friendly, family-compatible and without travel time
- Dedicated cloud-based lab environment for each participant
- Proven training concept with overwhelmingly positive participant feedback
- Practical exercises and experiments instead of theory and slide decks
- Confirmation of participation after completion of the training
What are the prerequisites for participation in an online training?
- Microphone and webcam (all participants must be visible via webcam!)
- Stable Internet connection with sufficient bandwidth
- Unrestricted access to the Internet (at least TCP ports 22, 80, 443 and 664 as well as additional ports depending on training)
- SSH client, web browser and Zoom client
- Additional software depending on the training (for example Visual Studio Code or VirtualBox)
- Participants should participate in online trainings separate locations (the online meeting is the only communication channel)
Why is a webcam a prerequisite for participation in an online training?
- Courses live from the interaction of all participants
- A productive atmosphere and a real sense of community can develop only when all participants can see each other
- The visual feedback is of elementary importance for the trainer to hold a good course
What are the alternatives to online training?
- We offer open in-person courses at Heinlein Akademie (Kubernetes, Prometheus, IPv6). There you will find further information, dates and the course registration
- We offer in-house training both virtually and at your premises
- Contact us for a custom quote.